museum-digitalsachsen

Close

Search museums

Close

Search collections

Museum Steinarbeiterhaus Hohburg Objekte zur Geschichte der Steinindustrie [2018_0110]

Motor

Motor (Museum Steinarbeiterhaus Hohburg CC BY-NC-SA)
Provenance/Rights: Museum Steinarbeiterhaus Hohburg / Lore Liebscher (CC BY-NC-SA)

Description

Der Ort Hohburg wurde 1911 an das Stromnetz angeschlossen. Der Hohburger Hugo Bendix kaufte kurz darauf - als einer der ersten im Ort - diesen Elektromotor um seine Dreschmaschine anzutreiben. Die Schleifringe liegen bei diesem Exemplar noch frei.
Als später auch die örtlichen Steinbrüche mit Strom versorgt wurden, nutzte man solche Motoren als Antrieb für unterschiedliche Maschinen und Geräte. Ein Quantensprung im Vergleich zur Dampfmaschine!

Material / Technique

Metall

Created ...
... who:
... when
Was used ...
... who:
... when [about]
... where

Tags

Created
? - 1910
Was used
1911 - 1945
1947

[Last update: 2018/07/11]

Usage and citation

Cite this page
The textual information presented here is free for non-commercial usage if the source is named. (Creative Commons Lizenz 3.0, by-nc-sa) Please name as source not only the internet representation but also the name of the museum.
Rights for the images are shown below the large images (which are accessible by clicking on the smaller images). If nothing different is mentioned there the same regulation as for textual information applies.
Any commercial usage of text or image demands communication with the museum.